Job opening for a 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer
The successful candidate will be joining a successful support team based in Nelspruit office. Working as part of this team, the successful candidate will be supporting clients onsite as well as having a responsibility to provide remote support. Support to be provided to clients at all levels of the organisation. Tasks include installation and repair of hardware and software, helpdesk request, and monitoring managed equipment. .
• Providing Desktop support.
• Providing hands-on and phone-based troubleshooting support.
• Responsible for maintaining the state of our managed equipment and Self-Service AV equipment.
• Basic Administration of Active Directory.
• Providing 2nd line diagnostic support for Laptops, Desktops, Smartphones, Tablets, servers and network equipment.
• Processing incidents & problems within clearly defined processes aligned to ITIL best practice.
• Liaison with our Helpdesk, Application Support and Infrastructure Support teams to ensure that incidents are escalated and resolved within the defined Service Level Agreements.
• Contribute and adhere to standards surrounding desktop builds, security, and documentation.
• Travel to other client locations in South Africa to provide hands on support as required.
Mandatory Skills and Experience Required
At least two of the following:
• Network +
• Valid Driver’s License, ID, own vehicle and cell phone.
• +3 years’ experience of Desktop Support working in Microsoft environment or other relevant work experience.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
• Awareness of Infrastructure technology, such as Windows Server products, LANs, TCPIP, VPN’s, AV/ 365 / Helpdesk /Dell etc would be beneficial but is not essential
• Lifting & moving of equipment may be required during the course of work.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proper phone etiquette.
Please email your CV in PDF format to email@example.com